" If you held a crayon as a child, then you are an artist."
"Creativity isn’t an innate quality that someone is born with or without, it’s a choice to participate in creative activity." - Danielle Garner
Below you will find resources on different art mediums that you can use in your unArt Playshop
What would you like to play with?
PAPER PIGMENT SCULPTING MUSIC MOVEMENT WORDS DIGITAL
Express yourself with Collage
Materials Needed: Base / Images / Glue / Scissors
TIP: Use an Exacto knife for precision. Explore shapes and forms of the different cut out pieces. Have fun with your layout and composition. Experiment before gluing down.
Use any sturdy material for your base such as cardboard, pizza boxes, file folder, cardstock, or printer paper .
Lose yourself in pigment
Materials Needed: Pigment / Brushes / Texture / Board or Canvas
TIP: Don't worry about what it looks like- enjoy to process
Experiment past the conventional paint brush and play around with items you can find in your home!
Below you will find resources for inspiration as well as DIY recipes for paint to explore with common household ingredients.
Play with texture, color, symbols and techniques.
Find yourself through building
Materials Needed: Recycled Items & Adhesive or Modeling Clay
Your hands are channels for connecting to source energy. Explore your creativity by creating your own sculpture from items you have around your home, or if you feel inclined to plan and procure material to create your unArtwork.
Below you will find DIY resources for homemade clay recipes. Don't let access to materials stop you from playing!
MUSIC & MOVEMENT
The Rhythm of Life
Materials Needed: Your Body / Music or Rhythm instruments
- Create your own rhythm track
- Find a drum circle track that calls to you from our playlist
- Create or find instruments to play
Connect Through Movement
- Explore the movement of your body through isolations.
- Focusing your attention to each part as it flows each state
- Navigating the playlists below find a track that calls to you.
- Let the music flow through you.
- Close your eyes and let your body move however it reacts naturally.
Writing Your Own Way
Materials Needed: Pen & Paper OR Computer / Phone
TIP: Don't censor your thoughts, just write.
The choices we make with our language sets the parameters for our lives. The skill of expression we possess can contribute to many facets of our ability to succeed personally and professionally. The real power in words is their meaning and interpretation. That is also the real power in life.
The power of words comes into play during the times when we define our reality. The words we use in our minds repeatedly to describe ourselves and our identity are some of the most powerful forces in our livess.
- 17 syllables, arranged in three lines.
- First five syllables, then 7, then 5.
- They tend to contain two juxtaposed images or ideas.
-Rhyme Scheme: ABAB CDCD EFEF GG
- 19 lines, organized into five stanzas of three lines each, and one closing stanza of four lines
- Rhyme Scheme: ABA ABA ABA ABA ABA ABAA
- spell out a name, word, or phrase with the first letter of each line of your poem
- rhyme scheme of ABAB or ABCB
- This is the form of poetry where you can do whatever you want
Connect through Energy
Materials Needed: Any Digital Device
Tip: Think symbolically.
Digital devices though can be argued disconnect us farther from each other, it also can be harnessed to create and connect in other ways. Using digital resources explore software and apps that can help you actualize your vision.
This day in age a high powered camera is in your hand everyday. Explore the world around you and document your vision with photography.
Play with angles, textures, abstract objects to explore the journal prompts and unit topic. Take your creativity even further and combine photography with digital techniques to create whatever your mind can imagine!